We use triple coated stock in weights of 150gsm, 170gsm or 280gsm, either in gloss or silk finish for our Poster Printing. Our Large Posters can also be used as Leaflets e.g. eight page A4s. For Poster Printing in smaller sizes on these paper weights please choose A2, A3 and A4 Leaflets or for Poster Printing in smaller quantities choose Large Format Inkjet.
Large Poster Printing Sizes
Standard flat sizes for Large Posters are:
- A1 (594mm x 840mm)
- 8 Page A4 (297mm x 840mm)
- Poster (700mm x 1,000mm)
Custom sizes for Poster Printing:
Large Poster Printing is available to order online in any size that you may require up to a maximum of 1,000mm x 700mm.
Paper and Board for Large Poster Printing
The materials which we offer for full colour Large Posters are 150gsm gloss art, 150gsm silk art, 170gsm gloss art, 170gsm silk art, 280gsm gloss art and 280gsm silk art.
Poster Printing Finishing (i.e. Folding etc.)
Once the Poster Printing is completed, you can choose to have your Large Poster folded, perforated, creased, round cornered or drilled. Just select the appropriate Finishing under Optional Extras and the prices in the Poster Printing price table will adjust automatically to include the additional costs.
You can save on the cost of Poster Printing by planning various smaller sizes of Poster onto a larger sheet size – we will then trim the items to size after printing.
Production times for Large Poster Printing
If your order only requires printing and trimming with no extra finishing such as folding, the following choices of turnaround times are available.
Express turnaround – your Large Posters will be despatched in three working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your Large Posters will be despatched in two working days.
Same Day turnaround – your Large Posters will be despatched in one working day.
Economy turnaround – your Large Posters will be despatched in six working days.
If you require extra finishing, the number of working days will increase by a day or two. The despatch time, including the time required for the extra finishing, will be shown in the Product Description.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your Poster printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge of about 12.5%, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm. If you would like to take advantage of the 3.30pm order cut-off time, please select the “Late order option: Order up to 3.30pm”, which is located towards the bottom of the page above the Description of Your Product section.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Large Poster Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Large Poster artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Large Poster, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- When printing a Poster, we need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Large Poster; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Large Poster printing artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.