For very "short runs" i.e. small quantities of printing, Digital can be cheaper than Litho.
A quantity as low as ONE COPY is entirely practical. Consequently, the artwork can vary on every copy of a digitally printed job and the price will be the same as it would have been if all copies were identical. For example, printing 100 copies of a two page PDF artwork to create 100 identical double sided A4 leaflets, would cost exactly the same as printing one copy of a 200 page PDF to create 100 different double sided A4 leaflets.
Digital Printing Sizes
Our standard sizes are:
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5)
- 99mm x 210mm (1/3 A4)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4)
- 297mm x 420mm (A3)
- 594mm x 420mm (A2)
If you require a size which is not listed above, just choose the next size up e.g. for a size of 90mm x 200mm choose 1/3 A4.
Choice of Digital Printing Materials
- 120gsm uncoated white cartridge
- 150gsm uncoated white cartridge
- 250gsm uncoated white cartridge
- 400gsm uncoated white cartridge
- 115gsm gloss art
- 150gsm gloss art
- 150gsm silk
- 200gsm gloss art
- 200gsm silk
- 280gsm gloss art
- 280gsm silk
- 400gsm silk
Finishing of Digital Printing
Only the finishing which is possible on your Digital Job will be available for selection in the same way as it is for our Litho Printing. If the combination of size and material makes a particular finishing process unsuitable it will not be listed on the Price Calculator page.
Here is the full list of finishing processes:
- Parallel Folding
- Round Cornering
- Bespoke Cutting
- Bespoke Shape
- Gloss Lamination
- Matt Lamination
Digital Printing Production times
Many of the turnaround times for Digital Printing are the same as the corresponding Litho products. However some items such as Folders have a longer turnaround when they are digitally printed. The minimum production times are as follows:
Express turnaround – your Digital Printing order will be despatched in three working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your Digital Printing order will be despatched in two working days.
Economy turnaround – your Digital Printing order will be despatched in six working days.
If you require extra finishing, the number of working days will increase by a day or two. The despatch time, including the time required for the extra finishing, will be shown in the Product Description.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Digital Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is accessible via the top menu bar.